Although adult teeth are meant to last a lifetime, they rarely do. Most of us are prone to losing one or more teeth due to different reasons. Our trained dentists at Sapphire Smiles Dental Specialists can use dental implants to restore the appearance and functionality of your natural teeth.
For more information on our full range of preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dental services, please call our dentists in Houston, Katy, Magnolia, or League City.
Who Needs Dental Implants?
Dental implants are natural-looking and durable dental restorations used to replace missing teeth. There are many circumstances under which a dental patient may lose their permanent teeth.
Reasons for tooth loss:
- Natural aging: As we grow older, the enamel wears down, and the tooth may eventually disappear.
- Decay and cavities: If left untreated, decay and cavities can cause tooth loss.
- Gum disease: Gum disease can lead to pain, inflammation, gum recession, and eventually, tooth loss.
- Systemic health conditions: Diseases like arthritis, diabetes, and blood pressure can cause loss of teeth.
- Accidents, trauma, and injury can cause tooth loss.
Osteoporosis can also lead to reduced bone density and result in loss of teeth. Out of the reasons given above, cavities, decay, and gum disease are the most common reasons for tooth loss.
If you are considering getting your missing teeth replaced, we suggest calling Sapphire Smiles Dental Specialists for a consultation with a qualified dentist near you.