Why is it Important to Strengthen a Loose Tooth?
A loose tooth is quite common for young children. However, for an adult, it is quite shocking and depressing to see their tooth become loose. When an adult loses his/her teeth, the main cause in majority cases is gum disease. When even after brushing and flossing, the plaque does not clear out, it starts to form a layer on teeth known as tartar. Tartar can cause gum disease, which can make the gums move away from the teeth. When gums move away, the tooth can become loose. However, there are various ways to protect and strengthen a loose tooth. But before knowing the ways, it is important to know the causes.
There are many causes because of which a tooth can become loose. Some of them are mentioned below:
According to a report issued by CDC, more than half of the adults aging 30 or more suffer from gum disease. Some of the signs of gum disease are as follows:
- Tender, red and painful gums
- Swollen and bleeding gums
- Gum recession
- Change in the fitting of teeth
- Teeth Injury
- A hit on the mouth during a sport or an accident can make the teeth and its surrounding tissues weak. As a result, the teeth may become loose.
Clenching the teeth can also be a cause of their weakness. Anybody who has had an accident should see the dentist get the treatment before the teeth become permanently damaged.
Treatment of loose teeth
The following treatments will help to reverse the gum disease, which eventually will strengthen a loose tooth as well:
- Scaling: It is a deep cleaning procedure that helps to reverse the effects of gum disease
- Medication: Medication is one of the easiest ways to heal the infected gums
- Surgery: The surgery removes the inflamed tissues which then stops the disease from progressing
- Bone graft: It is done to rebuild the bone that is lost
All the above-mentioned procedures stop gum disease and reverse the effects of damage caused by gum disease. This ultimately leads to strong teeth. If any of your loved ones is having loose teeth, bring them to Sapphire Smiles to get a suitable treatment. You can also call us to know more about the causes of the loose teeth and their cure.